COLLEGE TELEVISION AWARDS VIDEO CLIPS ARE NOW UP!
THE FACULTY SEMINAR
Educators have the opportunity to see how primetime entertainment works behind-the-scenes.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2013 PROGRAM
APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 9, 2013
PROGRAM DATES: NOVEMBER 11 - 15, 2013
"When a panel of network schedulers not only proves wildly informative but unexpectedly riveting, you know you're in for an extraordinary week.” - Jeff Van Hanken, University of Tulsa
Administered by the Television Academy Foundation’s Education Programs department, the Faculty Seminar offers college professors opportunities to see how television entertainment works behind the scenes.
Twenty faculty members – chosen by a selection committee - will be invited to Los Angeles for five days of discussions, presentations and interactions with major studios, production companies, the networks and their top production and programming people.
THERE IS NO SEMINAR FEE
The Television Academy Foundation will cover up to $1000 per Seminar fellow for airfare/lodging ONLY. Fellows in the Los Angeles area will be invited to stay at the hotel at the Foundation’s expense. Transportation to and from all Seminar events and most meals are provided. Any and all incidental expenses are the responsibility of the attendee.
TOPICS MAY INCLUDE:
- Producers and Writers: How they function
- Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres
- Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching
- Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancelation
- Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information
- Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology
- Production Meetings: See industry pros in action
- Plus More!
- Click here for a list of the 2012 Fellows
For more information about the Faculty Seminar contact firstname.lastname@example.org