COLLEGE TELEVISION AWARDS VIDEO CLIPS ARE NOW UP!
Application period is now CLOSED.
All finalists have been notified via email.
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
ONLY ONE ENTRY AND ONE CATEGORY PER STUDENT
Applicants must be qualified full-time students pursuing a bachelor or graduate degree at a college or university within the United States.
Students transferring from a community college to a four-year institution by September 2013 may also apply.
- Non-US citizens must provide an INS work authorization permit or CPT letter within 10 days after notification of winner status in order to qualify as a Television Academy Foundation intern. For details, check with your college or university. A U.S. Social Security number is required for a background check. If you do not have a Social Security number, you must have one prior to May 1, 2013.
- Students who have completed college or graduate school prior to December 31, 2012 are not eligible.
- Students who are graduating between January 1, 2013 and June 30, 2013 are eligible to apply in certain categories only (See category list). If you are a graduating undergraduate senior returning to graduate school in the Fall, you must provide a letter of acceptance upon notification of finalist status.
- All winners will be subject to a background check prior to final placement.
- All positions are full-time (paid) for 8 weeks.
- Most, but not all, internships start in late June or mid July. Once you are notified as a winner, you and your host will determine your exact start date. The Music and Live Event Production categories usually start in late July to early August.
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation pays a stipend of approximately $4,000 to each intern, which will be allocated every two weeks. Applicable payroll deductions are made from payments.
- Interns are responsible for their own housing, transportation, and living expenses.
- All Television Academy Foundation internships are located in the Los Angeles. Interns MUST have a car for transportation. In most cases, it is not possible to rent a car without incurring a surcharge if you are under the age of 25.
The Foundation reserves the right to refuse placement in any category at any time.
Television Academy members will select finalists for each internship at the end of April. All finalists will then be asked to submit a video interview in response to questions posed in the notice of final candidacy. Most winners will be notified in late-May into mid-June, based on the host companies’ production schedules.
Most, but not all, internships start in late June or mid July. If you are notified as a winner, you and your host will determine your exact start date. The Music and Live Event Production categories usually start in late July to early August. Episodic Series and Multi-Cam Directing can also start later in the summer depending on production schedules. All internships end eight weeks after the start date.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact email@example.com